COMPLETE LIST OF TENNIS RULES AND GUIDELINES CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW:
FAM 10 Commandments - Promote Good Sportsmanship on our Courts by...
- Understanding and following the "Rules of Tennis" and the "FAM Tennis Code of Conduct".
- Not entering a court when play is in progress on adjacent courts.
- Congratulating your opponents when they hit good shots.
- Always announcing the score.
- Always beginning a point with two balls if you are serving.
- Always waiting to serve until your opponent is ready to return.
- Not asking for balls that have strayed to adjacent courts when play is in progress.
- Calling all shots "IN", unless the shot is clearly out.
- Not shouting across adjacent courts for any reason.
- By treating your opponent as you would want them to treat you.
- Remember that in our neighborhood, tennis is a recreational activity, enjoyed by amateurs. The priority is friendly competition and fun.